Astro is Freefly’s compact industrial drone platform.
Freefly understands the need for quality tools. For more than 10 years Freefly aircraft have carried cinema cameras for Hollywood and high-end productions around the world. It carries valuable payloads in high-pressure situations. We also understand the need for flexibility. Astro’s interface specs are open, making it a flexible and reliable tool to get your new ideas in the air.
Each Astro Map includes an Astro Base (Herelink controller, one set of batteries, two chargers, simple tools, and some spare bits), the 61MP Mapping Payload (Freefly gimbal + Sony Alpha 7R IVA + Sigma 24mm f3.5 lens) and a Vibration Isolator with Smart Dovetail. All of which fit, assembled, in the included hard travel case (with wheels, of course).Notes
- Pilot skill with Manual Mode is required for Emergency Procedures. Learn more
- Uses two Freefly SL8-Air batteries per flight (one pair included with Astro Map or Astro Base)
- Works with RTK GPS Ground Station (optional)
- This Astro kit includes a payload for mapping: Freefly Mapping gimbal, a Sony Alpha 7R IVA and Sigma 24mm mapping lens and Vibration Isolator with Smart Dovetail (all assembled and ready to go)
- LTE modem works in the United States.