Certificated Remote Pilots including Commercial Operators (aka Part 107 pilot)

Do you fly drones?

Very Important information you need to know.  If you fly drones ONLY for fun, Check out the TRUST page.  If you fly a drone for use for ANYTHING besides pure recreational use read below.

What is Part 107?

Part 107 is the regulation regarding flying of drones for anything except pure recreational use(see page 1).  So taking photos & videos for real estate listings, content creation, data capture for yourself or others all fall under Part 107.  Anything that is used in the course of business is considered to fall under Part 107.

Why should you get a part 107 certificate?
If you are a business owner or work for a business there are a number of considerations.  Just like carrying insurance to drive an automobile for your business you want to protect that method of income.  If you are a contractor you don’t want to do work you are not licensed to avoid fines or even loss of your license.  Real Estate brokers may lose their insurance or broker license if they fly drones without having a part 107 certificate.   

Do you need insurance to fly a drone?
No.  Insurance is not a requirement of flying a drone but this is best practice.  If a drone falls out of the sky and injures a person or that ferrari, who is going to pay for it?  Not only did you lose the drone to damage but you might have a big lawsuit on your hands. 

To Find out more visit: https://www.faa.gov/uas/commercial_operators

Where can I get training?
If you need training or more information feel free to reach out to Blues Skies Drones and we can help you out.